As Lucknow welcomes the heads of states and governments, ministers, leaders from the corporate world, heads of international institutions for the UP Investors Summit 2018, the event is said to be attended by at least 18 Union ministers and 100 speakers. The event organised by the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath of ‘Nawabo ka Sheher’ Lucknow was aimed at promoting business and investment opportunities in the state.
#UPInvestorsSummit के उद्घाटन सत्र में प्रतिभाग करने रिलायंस इंडस्ट्रीज के चैयरमेन श्री मुकेश अंबानी, अडानी समूह के चैयरमेन श्री गौतम अडानी, महिंद्रा ग्रुप के चैयरमेन श्री आनंद महिंद्रा, बिड़ला समूह के चैयरमेन श्री कुमार मंगलम बिड़ला व जी समूह के चैयरमेन श्री सुभाष चंद्रा पहुंचे। pic.twitter.com/6mISvxnDQW
— CM Office, GoUP (@CMOfficeUP) February 21, 2018
According to the CM almost 1045 Memorandum of Understanding worth Rs 4.28 lakh crore have been signed till yet.
He said, “The government is organising this for the betterment of the public. Through this event, UP will get an opportunity to change its image. Hence, it is the responsibility of every department that it should strive for its success.”
The event that opened with Mukesh Ambani’s address to the distinguished audience, paved way for the other invited leaders of the business industry to offer their support for Uttar Pradesh to become Uttam Pradesh.
— UP Investors Summit (@InvestInUp) February 21, 2018
On the other hand, the city was well decorated for the event with the police officials taking charge for the security of the guests. The traffic in some areas near to the event venue was also reorganised to prevent unnecessary difficulties for the citizens.
दिनांक 21 से 22 फरवरी 2018 को लखनऊ में आयोजित “उत्तर प्रदेश इन्वेस्टर्स समिट-2018” #UPInvestorsSummit2018 के सम्बंध में शहर की यातायात/डायवर्जन व्यवस्था व पार्किंग व्यवस्था निम्नवत रहेगी। pic.twitter.com/iRs99L8uW4
— Lucknow Police (@lucknowpolice) February 19, 2018
The key highlights of the event :
- The Investors Summit involved Finland, the Netherlands, Japan, Czech Republic, Thailand, Slovakia and Mauritius as country partners for the event.
- Reliance Jio to invest another Rs 10,000 crore in Uttar Pradesh in the next three years and more. The company has previously invested Rs 23,000 crore over the last two years.
- Gautam Adani commits to invest Rs 35,000 crore over the period of five years in metro rail projects, food processing units and power.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla announces Rs 20,000 crore investment in the next five years in telecom, chemicals and expansion of its manufacturing units. “UP will become our group’s highest investment destination.”
- Mahindra & Mahindra to construct an electric vehicle manufacturing plant in the state.
- N. Chandrashekharan says that Tata Consultancy Services will not leave the capital for sure. “It (TCS) will increase its footprint in UP. We want to strengthen our presence in UP.”
- Anerood Jugnauth, former PM of Mauritius, mentions his desire to partner Mauritius with UP in order to promote religious tourism and also to strenghten agriculture, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors.
- Yogi Adityanath announces his target to create 40 lakh new job opportunities in UP in the next three years.
- “We have signed MoUs worth Rs 4.28 lakh crore, which equals our budgetary projections,” the CM said.
He also informs the audience of the government’s proposal of Bundelkhand and Purvanchal Expressway to give a fillip to the dedicated industrial corridor and facilitate transport.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Nivesh Mitra, an online platform entrepreneur friendly application to enhance ease of doing business in UP. It is a platform which offers 70 services and is created by NIC (National Informatics Centre).
— BJP (@BJP4India) February 21, 2018
- “In UP, MSMEs play a major role. After agriculture, MSME sector offers the highest possibility of employment,” PM Modi said.
- “Can there be a competition between Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra to achieve the target of trillion dollar economy, first? This kind of competition will lead to development and generation of employment. Besides, this kind of healthy race will strengthen competitive cooperative federalism spirit,” PM Modi said.
- No red tape but red carpet for investors in UP says PM Modi.
- Prime Minister challenges Uttar Pradesh to compete with Maharashtra to achieve the target of trillion million economy. He says, such kind of competition will generate a competitive spirit and will result in development and generation of employment.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana has been launched by the Central Government to reduce the wastage of cereals, fruits and vegetables. Under this scheme, full supply chain and infrastructure are being modernized: PM @narendramodi #UPInvestorsSummit
— BJP (@BJP4India) February 21, 2018