The ongoing UP Investors Summit 2018 at Indira Gandhi Pratisthan, Lucknow witnessed the assembly of Top Ministers, Industry leaders and distinguished dignitaries from all around the world. The event that is aimed at showcasing investment opportunities and potential across various sectors in Uttar Pradesh started with the address of Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries.
Mukesh Ambani, who was delighted to be a part of such an event, thanked the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for inviting him and talked about the vision of Prime Minister to make Uttar Pradesh, Uttam Pradesh.
He said he will be happy to join hands with the Prime Minister and the government to convert the fifth largest state of the country into a prosperous state.
He embraces the Prime Minister’s Digital India Mission and says,
“Reliance has built a world-class digital Infrastructure all over India, including in UP, in less than two years.”
Further adding, “Jio is one of the largest investors in Uttar Pradesh with investments of over Rs. 20,000 crore.”
— Nikhil Srivastava (@snikhil_social) February 21, 2018
The CMD of Reliance Industries was ecstatic in joining hands with the Uttar Pradesh government and committing to the state with his proposals.
Top five Announcements made by the Reliance Chairman and Managing Director :
- Jio will invest Rs 10,000 crore in Uttar Pradesh over the next three years.
- Desiring every Naujawan of the state to be a smart Naujawan, reliance will introduce JioPhone, which is India’s own Smart Phone. It will be available at a deposit of only 1500 rupees, which will be refundable after three years.
- Jio has already created over 40,000 direct and indirect jobs in UP. Along with other businesses of Reliance such as Retail, Polyester and Petroleum, Jio will create over one lakh sustainable livelihood opportunities in the State in the coming years.
- Jio will establish a Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution within the campus of a reputed university in Uttar Pradesh.
- At last, as the Pradhan Mantri’s ‘Namaami Gange’ Mission – the Clean Ganga Mission – is gathering momentum. Reliance Foundation would deem it to be our pious duty to contribute to the success of this mission.
Inspired by the Prime Minister’s unique concept of ensuring the Ease of Living for every Indian citizen, he made sure that Jio’s Digital Revolution makes maximum contribution to UP’s development revolution.
The Investors summit 2018 opening ceremony also recorded addresses from top business leaders of the country and dignitaries like Gautam Adani, Anand Mahindra, Shubhas Chandra, Kumar Manglam Birla, N.Chandrashekharan and more.