This workshop is intended Entrepreneurs, Students and start-ups intended to learn basics of digital marketing in online space. Anyone with interests in internet marketing and advertising can join. No technical knowledge is required for this workshop. All you need knowledge about using computer and know how to browse websites.
Below we share a list of topics going to cover by a Digital Marketing team on Sunday workshop –
– An overview of the marketing in digital landscape.
– Digital marketing and online media.
– What are search Engines and search results?
– How your website appears on Google?
– How Social Media Marketing Works?
– Digital marketing through Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter.
– Blogging and Content Marketing.
– Understanding Digital Advertising.
Day and Date: Sunday, November 30, 2014
Time: 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
HIGHLIGHTS OF DIGITAL MARKETING WORKSHOP:
UNDERSTANDING GOALS OF DIGITAL MARKETING
In case you want to have informative website, web traffic coming to your website plays a critical role. Examples of informative website can be a blogging site, website providing information about a certain subject etc.
b.)Convert Web Traffic to actual Customers
One should keep analyzing where your customers are actually going and expressing most interest in on the website. On that basis, you may sell various product/service. So that some fraction of web traffic can become your actual customers.
c.)Keep people engaged
People are engaged only when they find something highly useful or something that is eye catchy, relevant or both. That is only achieved when you make your website graphically attractive or at least easy enough for the user to use the website.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
– Search Engine optimization is concept that provides producing most relevant search based on text being searched for.
– Whenever you want to increase website traffic, search engine optimization is the way to go. It is interesting to note that various surveys suggests Google is the most optimized search engine.
– Page ranks are decided by how much you follow search engine optimisation rules.
– There are various rules of increasing your page rank as suggested by ‘Google’, one of them being having back links to relevant websites.
– On the basis of your page rank, search engine manages your position in search results.
– Google toolbar, MOZbar can be installed and you can see page rank and other parameters for your websites.
b.)How search engine works
– Search Engine uses this formula – Search Engine = Robot + Algorithm + index
– Robots of search engine will index specific pages in website using the data in robots.exe on your website server.
c.)How TO RANK YOUR WEBSITE?
– Search engines have different ranking factors.
– In today’s scenario, a website that is responsive according to the device user is using, a website would be ranked higher.
– On PAGE -> refers to activities performed on web pages.
– OFF PAGE-> refers to activities performed on internet in Reference to your website or web pages.
– Keywords in your meta tag play a key role in ranking your website. Search engines rank websites higher if they have high density of keywords.
– Keywords should be placed under Title tag, meta tags, meta-description, headings, text, domain name, URL, anchor text link
– If you are actually looking for content optimization then you need to consider website’s Quantity, quality , organization, keyword density, variety
– Monitor content on website and block spammers
– Webmaster tools are there to manage bots that came across your website
– Indexing and Site-map creation is needed increasingly to improve your website rank
SEARCH ENGINE ADVERTISING
a. Pay per click Model
– Website owner gets paid for every click on ads that are being hosted on website.
– Benefit of this is it improves the lead generation
– Relevant leads with higher conversion probability.
Quick TIP: Digital Marketing and SEO is a long-term stuff and one has to keep doing it for some time to get results. Quick results are not possible.
b. Impression Model
– In this model, advertisers choose total impressions i.e. how many times advertisement is shown on website.
– This model is not so much popular nowadays.
ADVERTISING THROUGH GOOGLE ADWORDS
Google AdWords is a service by which you can create an ad on different websites and in search results
Google AdWords is based on Advertisements present on
1. Display network
2. Search Network
– Important for networking
– Low conversion rated
– Less Costly
– Targeting based
b.)Social Media Marketing
– Brand Awareness and reputation enhancements
– Strategy is the key in this.
– Budget is a vital player in deciding how much and how you will market on social media.
– Engagement is the key in social media marketing
– Videos and pictures are mainstream media
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
– Google Plus
– & more