Given the growing human dependence on internet and smartphones, the application market has been constantly booming.Indians are using smartphones and the internet in diverse aspects of their lives and owning a smartphone is really seen as an asset to facilitate one’s life.
- Smartphones and their apps are extensively being used for communication among peers, to do some shopping or buy groceries, for cashless payments and food delivery.
- The evolution of this digital revolution is also extending to other sectors such as health, insurance, loan credit and entertainment as well, cementing the digital culture further in the Indian society
- Presently, India stands among the most internet-friendly ecosystems in the world and the scale and scope of this new emerging market are bringing a major revolution in the overall Indian market.
Today, you will find an app for almost everything. From cabs food, railway booking, bank to what not! While these apps have made our lives convenient, they have also made services more accessible to a common man that was not possible a decade ago. According to a recent report that focussed on App Market revealed that India has become world’s fastest growing landscape for mobile apps including ios and android.
Based on the report, it has been revealed that 2.4 million apps are available in India, sorted by downloads. There are clearly going to be some very popular apps that are available in India but don’t tell us very much about the Indian market. To make it easy, we have here compiled a list of 10 most downloaded apps that Indians are heavily using right now:
- We are not surprised! Yes, Facebook tops the list for being the most downloadaed app in India that witnessed maximum downloads in the 1st quarter of 2018.
- Moreover, it is the top application overall that has been downloaded most in the year 2017.
2. UC Browser
- After superseding WhatsApp, UC browser has become the second app to fall into the category of most downloaded apps for Q1 2018.
- This interactive browser a offers a wide plethora of features such as fast browsing, data saving, ad blocker and others and has earlier captured the third position in the list of total downloads in the year 2017.
- Having 1.5 billion monthly active users worldwide, WhatsApp is the third most downloaded apps in the first quarter of 2018.
- The standalone instant messaging app from Facebook — the FB Messenger maintains the same position in the list of most downloaded apps in India.
- This app which facilitates audio and video calls online while providing a messaging platform continues to be in the fourth position just like it did back in 2017 most downloaded apps.
- After making a revolution in the way we transfer files across devices, SHAREit is bound to be in the list of top downloaded apps in the country.
- The app has captured the fifth position in Q1 2018, while it was in the fifth position last year.
6. Jio TV
- This one comes surely as a surprise! Being in the last position in 2017, it has climbed to 6th spot in the list of most downloaded apps.
- The app comes with the MyJio app Suite and enables users to watch live TV, serials, matches, etc. with ease.
- Airtel TV is a new entry on the list of most downloaded apps in the country.
- It has successfully grabbed the seventh position and the maximum downloads can be well attributed to lower data rates.
After bringing in live virtual coverage for Indian Premier League, Hotstar was bound to be in the list where it has managed to secure eight positions in the list of most downloaded apps for the first quarter of 2018.
Truecaller is indeed a savior when it comes to keeping track of the spam calls. However, the app has dropped down from the eighth position to the ninth in Q1, 2018.
This is one stop platform to track all viral videos with super ease. While it was not on the list last year, the growing popularity has the video community app a 10th position.