Smartphones by HMD Global, The Nokia 8 Sirocco and Nokia 7 Plus are now available for sale in India. While these were announced earlier in MWC 2018, they are now ready to take over the Indian smartphone market.
Nokia 7 Plus is available for sale on Amazon and comes in two color variants White Copper and Black Copper for Rs. 25,999. On the other hand, Nokia 8 Sirocco is currently available only in Black and is priced at Rs. Rs 49,999 on Flipkart.
Both the smartphones are also available offline and can be purchased from Nokia Mobile Shop or at select outlets like Croma, Poorvika, Sangeetha, Big C, and Reliance.
The phones are a part of Android One program and run on stock Android with promised regular updates. They also retain the 3.5mm audio jack. The best part is that both smartphones are available for a discount in the form of 10 percent cashback that can be availed on ICICI credit and Debit card. Additionally, customers are entitled to 25 percent discount on domestic hotels bookings via MakeMyTrip on both the smartphones.
Nokia 8 Sirocco & Nokia 7 Plus Specifications
- The Nokia 8 Sirocco sports a 5.5-inch QHD (1440×2560) pOLED display and is covered with dual glass design protected with Gorilla Glass 5.
- The phone comes powered with 3260mAh battery and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. There is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
- In terms of camera, the phone comprises of dual rear cameras with a 12MP wide-angle and a 13MP telephoto lens. The camera also supports dual-tone LED flash and are powered with Zeiss optics.
- There is a 5MP fixed-focus sensor on the front that has a 1.4-micron pixel sensor and a f/2.0 aperture lens.
- Nokia’s current flagship Nokia 7 has a 6-inch full-HD+ IPS LCD display with a taller 18:9 aspect ratio and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- It is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC that in-house 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage.
- The phone is backed by a 3,800mAh battery and also supports wireless charging.
- Nokia 7 too has dual rear cameras where one is a 13MP telephoto lens with f/2.6 aperture while the other is a 12MP wide-angle lens with f/1.75 aperture.
- Coming to the front, there is a 16MP sensor with a f/2.0 aperture and both the rear and front cameras are made using Zeiss lens.