Microsoft, a leading tech player led by Satya Nadella launched AI assistant tool known as copilots for its various services. As per the information given by the Microsoft team, Copilot most used into making coding more efficient with GitHub, transforming productivity at work with Microsoft 365, redefining search with Bing and Edge and delivering contextual value that works across your apps and PC with Windows.
The team say Copilot will be your everyday AI companion that incorporate the context and intelligence of the web, your work data and what you are doing in the moment on your PC to provide better assistance with your privacy and security at the forefront.
The AI assistant tool will be available in Windows 11, Microsoft 365, and in our web browser with Edge and Bing. It will work as an app or reveal itself when you need it with a right click.
Copilot will begin to roll out in its early form as part of our free update to Windows 11, starting Sept. 26 and across Bing, Edge, and Microsoft 365 Copilot this fall.
However, Microsoft 365 Copilot will be generally available for enterprise customers on Nov. 1, 2023, along with Microsoft 365 Chat, a new AI assistant.
Highlights of Copilot
- Copilot in Windows empowers you to create faster, complete tasks with ease and lessens your cognitive load – making once complicated tasks, simple. We’ve made accessing the power of Copilot seamless as it’s always right there for you on the taskbar or with the Win+C keyboard shortcut providing assistance alongside all your apps, on all screen sizes at work, school or at home.
- Paint has been enhanced with AI for drawing and digital creation with the addition of background removal and adding layers as well.
- Photos has also been enhanced with AI including new features like background blur where you can make the subject of your photo stand out quickly and easily.
- Snipping Tool offers more ways to capture content on your screen with this update where you can now extract specific text content from an image to paste in another application or, you can easily protect your sensitive information with text redaction by using text actions on the post capture screen. And, with the addition of sound capturing using audio and mic support, it’s easier to create compelling videos and content from your screen.
- Notepad will start automatically saving your session state allowing you to close Notepad without any interrupting dialogs and then pick up where you left off when you return. Notepad will automatically restore previously open tabs as well as unsaved content and edits across those open tabs.