Today, animation and whiteboard videos are ruling the market and are becoming heavyweights of promoting products, services, and brands.
Animated videos are cartoon videos that are created in style, depicting a script that is written based on your product and services that you are looking to advertise. It also includes some amount of sense of humour and entertaining factor to attract the audience to watch it.
Whiteboard videos are excellent to describe complex concepts and are quite educational to watch as it contains a lot of information about the products and services.
These videos are very much catchy and engaging. When you are looking at determining which one of them are best for your company for promotions, it is quite challenging to find an answer to that question. It depends on the format of the video that you are targeting to release and what are the marketing objectives that you are looking at to advertise.
According to a report, it shows that websites having one video explaining its services and products gets about 37 percent lesser visitors when compared to the rest ones.
The market response, when compared to the website having many videos, is quite significant.
It means any website that has more than one video and images attract a significant number of visitors within a short duration of time.
If your company is deciding to use explainer videos to promote their products and services, then you must install an explainer video software.
Then, an important decision that your management has to be made is to create an animated video or a whiteboard video.
Things you should know
Most of the times, you think of standing out of the crowd by opting for a style that is not commonly used by any other competitors within your niche. However, it turns out to be risky in many instances.
The truth factor is each style that you use to make an explainer video, regardless of the type of industry you are dealing with, promotion becomes a crucial factor.
However, animated and whiteboard videos have their advantages and disadvantages. Some of the basic styles are very common, some focus on detailing factors, while some others focus on the attractiveness of the visual.
Whiteboard Animation is one of the common promotional strategies on the web. It’s quite prominent to use whiteboard animations for numerous reasons, and one of them would be simplicity.
● Whiteboard animations are used for creating demo videos and training videos for corporates. When you are trying to send messages to the audience in a clear way, you must use Whiteboard Animation videos. At that time, you need not have to focus on visual aspects, but the content of the video should be your primary focus.
● From the designing and development perspective, the videos that you are
creating must be sketchy and in a more detailed way.
● Whiteboard animation videos are not complex and easy to understand. It serves best when you are looking forward to creating informative videos.
● In addition to this, it also gives viewers the actual feeling of learning things in a class, and not watching a video.
Animated videos consist of mostly cartoons, images, and other primary colours and textures that are added to make a video look attractive.
● There is not much information that you can add in the animated videos. The reasons being it is only meant to promote you as a brand and not give a detailed explanation about the products and services you are offering.
● It is perfect for expressing emotions and paying attention to the details, but not much as motion graphics do.
● Animated videos are just like the cartoon network channel that you used to watch on Sunday mornings to relax. Although, these cartoons are created between characters and there are connections between the characters who promote your company.
● Animated explainer videos are usually recommended for the business to
community companies as they require direct connections with the potential as well as present customers. To win the trust of the customers, B2C companies have to make sure that they win the hearts of the customers.
● Although, it’s not only recommended for B2C companies as B2B companies have also started to use this medium to promote their companies and products.
These decisions are dependent on the people, and if they are convinced by
seeing the video, you have produced.
How to decide to opt for one?
As mentioned above, both animated, as well as whiteboard videos, has its pros and cons. Although, pros dominate disadvantages to a certain extent; however, you should focus on the advantages first.
If you are looking to create animated videos, here are some pros of creating such videos:
● Animated videos allow you to describe the concept of your business pretty fast and precise.
Explaining the objective of your company to the audience becomes more rapid when you are trying to create animated videos and publishing it online. Whiteboard animations are used for mentioning all the details of your business, products, services, and clients you are dealing with.
This means that it takes a longer time for the customers to view the videos and understand your concept.
● In most of the cases, the colours of the brand are a fundamental aspect of a product or a service to craft a video.
You can undoubtedly create animated videos and add a lot of colours, designs, and textures to the video to make it look beautiful.
Whiteboard Animated videos are not meant to deliver an exact illustration of the colours, designs, or textures that you are using it. It is just a hand-drawing that is drawn on a white paper and looks like a Black-and-White film.
However, it is depicted in such a way to make sure that all the principles and motives of your business are accurately shown to the audience.
● If you are someone who is looking to add some fun element to your videos, then you must choose animated videos to promote your brand.
Cartoon videos let you transform characters to a significant extent.
If you are looking forward to delivering a message to the clients and customers, that includes details of your company, then whiteboard animated videos are the best choice for you.
It can be used to add some humour in the whiteboard animated videos; however, most of the content in the video will be informative.
About Author: Chehak Wadhwa is a Creative Head at webdew and has an intensive 10+ Years of Experience in Designing and Creating animated explainer videos. She has produced 500+ Videos with her team including some of the well-known brands in the market like UBER, Microsoft, T-Mobile, Calendar, etc.