Taptu, a free online RSS feed reader, that also has apps for Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, and Nook is going to shutdown its services on this 31st, three days down the line. The shocking news can easily be seen on the front landing page.
Let’s take a look at the main features:
- Support for Android Tablets (Honeycomb)
- Discover streams on your favorite topics from a mix of sources in the StreamStore.
- Add as many Facebook or Twitter accounts as you want, add your LinkedIn account as well.
- Bookmark articles to read later or save to Instapaper.
- Widget for your home screen (support for multiple widgets)
- Search Bing for RSS feeds.
- Import your favorite RSS feeds from Google Reader (up to 100) and convert them to Streams.
- Fast, even on slow 2G (GPRS) networks.
- Free of cost.
As the landing picture says it all, Taptu is suggesting it’s users to use Feedly as a great alternative for Taptu. Feedly, which is an open system, allows you to add any RSS feed and easily read the content of your favorite feeds on the go. Just enter the URL of a feed in the search bar and there you go!